miércoles, 3 de junio de 2009

Milestones?

Now, I don't know if these are milestones in anyone else's book, but we've picked up a few that we've noticed in the last few weeks.
  • Little Girl has started chewing. This freaked me out the first time I saw it, as I'm used to toddlers/preschoolers and if they're chewing something and it's not mealtime, it's usually something that shouldn't be in their mouth. So after a visual inspection and finger sweep, decided that Clara's just chewing on her tongue. Is this her sign that she's ready for "real" food? I hope not, as nursing her is just so easy and convienient (now that she finally gets satisfied for a few hours after a feeding--I know I voiced other opinions two months ago).

  • After a week of waking up every time I put her in her bed once she fell asleep in my arms, we decided that it was high time for her to learn to fall asleep on her own. (OK--we really had no other option except for holding her all night. And that's not an option.) While it took well over an hour for her to cry herself to sleep the first night or two, each following night she cried less and less (just as those baby books said she would). Now, after a little over a week, she'll cry for maybe fifteen minutes before drifting off.

  • Even better, when she wakes up in the middle of the night, I feed her, put her back in her bed awake (as now she refuses to even fall asleep in my arms in the middle of the night), and I don't hear a peep out of her for a few hours. Who'd have thought? I'm still amazed. Of course, now that I write this, she'll probably decide to regress back to her old ways. Oh, the cynic I am!

  • She now splashes in the bathtub. After actively hating bathtime for her first six weeks, to merely tolerating it, she now clearly enjoys it. That is, until I lay her down in the tub to rince the shampoo out of the little hair she has. This, she merely tolerates. Therefore, she doesn't mind at all when I take her out of the tub.



So at four months, we're finding that life does get easier. But the chewing has me worried--does it mean she's teething? No, not yet! I love those gummy smiles!

No hay comentarios :