viernes, 1 de junio de 2012

My non-jardin garden

My house, like most houses in Mexico (except in rural areas, of course) has a distinct lack of green space.  We know that we are very blessed to have both a patio and cochera (roofless garage) of fairly ample size.  But we do need some green in our life.  And since I like growing plants and Mario likes to buy them, we've had some very pleasant container gardens over the last 5 years. 

And this is the first time that I've documented one! 



My calla lily (or alcatraz), given to us by friends of Patty's.

My pot of Jojutla--menthol and wandering jew that I stole from my mother-in-law's garden.

My gardenia--I bought it at the fair for San Jose Day, and I'm shocked that it's not only surviving, but thriving.  Everything that we put in the cochera usually dies.

My veteran bouganvillea.  Again, everything that we put in the cochera has never lasted more than a season.  Except for this guy!  You go, bouganvillea!

My awesome tomato plant--first time growing tomatoes!  Plus a volunteer moss rose and another calla lily in the background. That lily is a lot happier, as this is the patio garden, which gets a lot less sun and is easier to remember to water them. 
We'll see what's still alive at the end of the summer. ;)

No hay comentarios :